Friday, April 01, 2005

The First Interview is Done!

Kevin left for his interview at Bioport in Lansing, Michigan on early Thursday morning. It took him 14 hours to get there!!! He flew from Santa Barbara to LA, had a two hour lay-over; from LA to Chicago, where he was supposed to have a two hour lay-over and ended up with a canceled flight. So, he spent five hours in Chicago (Cindy & Jim, he debated over calling you, but was WAY too cranky!), boarded his plane and then sat for another hour as they fixed some sort of mechanical problem. He ended up in Lansing around midnight.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I received a message from work that I had been exposed to Neisseria meningitis when I worked on Tuesday night. Since it was just a message and it was after hours, I didn't know what to do, except freak out a bit because I had a stiff neck and rash on my face. So, my first time alone with both kids, I ended up having to call Kim & Jason (you two are more appreciated than you could ever know!) to come and babysitt while I went to the ER for a look over and prophylactic antibiotics. Thank God for friends who are willing to drop everything and sit with my kids as I sit in an ER for two hours!!! Fortunately for me and the three people that I kiss often, I most likely slept wrong on my neck, have a random rash on my face and most importantly, received the prophylactic antibiotics which will insure that I do not get the highly contagious meningitis!!! So, we are all ok!

By the way, I personally think that it was a pre-April Fool's Joke from God last night!

So, anyway... the point of this message is to let all of you who have been praying so fervently for us, that Kevin's interview went very well. He has passed on to step number next and although he was not offered a job yet, the HR people did present him with the benefits and relocation package. We will see how that goes.

On another positive note, while Kevin was boarding his plane in LA, Bausch & Lomb's HR called to schedule his interview with them. He will be going out either this week or next for that interview. We are very pleased with the possibility of two job options!!! We will keep you updated!!!

No comments: