The air is getting crisper and all of the fall colors are coming out! Some here say that because of the hot summer, the colors aren't as vivid. We are still in awe! The reds, oranges and bright yellows are amazing. It's truly an amazing gift to receive after not having seasons in Santa Barbara! We are taking it all in, knowing that soon, the trees will be bare for a looooonnnnggg time! :o)
Kevin's birthday was a week ago or so. It wasn't the best day for a birthday though, as 10% of the employees at his company were let go of. He was fairly certain that his job was secure, but the lay off went through every department, so he was worked up that whole week. Plus, he lost coworkers, too! The environment was definitely not pleasant! We did make an interesting cake, though! By request, it was a brownie ice cream cake, with strawberry ice cream and strawberry sauce. It looked kinda cool, but we still have half of it in the freezer! :o)
My job is going well. I am almost done with orientation and I really like it! My favorite part is working in the nursery with the babies. I didn't realize that I would be using my critical care experience so much! We have babies who need monitoring for their heart rate, oxygen saturation and who are on IV therapy for fluids or antibiotics. We also have the babies who need the bili therapy for jaundice. We do other things too that I won't go into so as to not gross out the general public. :o) I was initially surprised at the level of care at times, especially when taking care of so many babies! Everyone is very nice, too!
Monday, October 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy, when you talk about your work and the nursery and the intensive care unit for these babies it brings back so many memories of Chloe spending her 2-5th day of life in the NICU for jaundice. I remember the oxygen sat. machine and the billi lights, etc. It was a scary time but I am so thankful for the NICU and nurses like you that took such wonderful care of Chloe. Thank you on behalf of all moms everywhere that have to experience this...keep up the awesome work Amy!!
Post a Comment