Tuesday, September 05, 2006
First Day of Kindergarten
Andrew made that big step today - the first day of many years of school! He was soooooo excited! One of the things that he was looking forward to most, was the bus! A few months ago, we did "Kindergarten Round Up", and we were able to ride the bus together (Andrew & Mom) for a short trip. He was hooked at that point! He spent the rest of last school year WATCHING the OTHER kids leave on the bus. Today was finally his turn! A couple of stops after him, his cousin Emma got on and made sure that he was doing ok. (I got an update from Aunt Meg.) So, now he's off! Kaitlyn and I will try to adjust to time alone, although it will be short lived. Kaitlyn starts preschool next week! Soon, I will be by myself for three mornings each week! Where did the time go??????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I remember the day that Andrew was born...they do grow up. I watch Chloe growing so much and then I read your wonderful update and it fills me with joy that is a little bittersweet knowing what is to come for us...we want so much for our kids to grow and learn and yet there is just a little part of us that wish them to stay young and small forever. It is a wonderful day for Andrew, one of many I am sure. God Bless.
Ha!
I remember the rainy Santa Barbara weekend Andrew was born. He was very small, and both of the parents were tired and overwhelmed looking.
I hope he loves kindergarten. Good luck if he inherits Kevin's scientific curiousity!
Time flies - that is for sure! That January day almost 6 years ago seems like yesterday and at the same time, seems like decades ago! We are so blessed to be parents and be the people who God chose to bring these little ones up in life. It's exciting and yet it rips your heart out! Thanks for the sweet comments, Traxlers! :o)
Wow, how time flies! Sarah started 1st grade this year, and Matt moved up to the Pre-K at his preschool. Thanks for sharing your photos of the big day!
-Michelle
Post a Comment